Texas de Brazil: "Churascarria!" Texas de Brazil Tip by ATXtraveler

Texas de Brazil, Richmond: 1 reviews and 4 photos

What more could a Texan ask for than a little piece of home when travelling? As I typically like to venture out into the world of the unknown while on a trip, I went against this judgement with my friend Nat, on his suggestion of a new restaurant to the Richmond area, Texas de Brazil. Now I know that since I live in Texas where the original restaurant resides that I could have this meal anytime, my drive for a good Brazilian Churascarria trumped the need for a unique to Richmond flavor. I also was very interested to see the reaction between the gauchos and Nat, who taught himself how to speak Portuguese.

As we entered the restaurant, which is located outside the entrance to Regency Square mall, you could tell this was more upscale than most Richmond eateries. A tiled facade with a fire red accented "Texas de Brazil" sign showed us that we were in for a treat. Inside, the hostess were not alarmed that we were 20 minutes early for our reservation and within moments we were seated next to the extended grill. We were able to see the meat turning with those wonderful smells of cooking meat wafting towards us.

Since I was a veteran to the churascarria circuit, I opted out of the pre-meal salad bar, which included traditional Brazilian delicacies as well as the traditional Texas "Ranch" Dressing. I knew that if I were going to eat my money's worth, I wanted it to be on Filet Mignon and Garlic Chicken rather than lettuce and feta. I did however spy Nat's Tabouli and Brazilian Vingrette dressing which he could not resist. I did not feel any remorse however when a young gaucho made his round to my table and my plate was empty waiting for the peppered steak on his skewer. "Sim por favor" was immediately noticed on our little red/green card that you leave for the gaucho to content whether you were still hungry or not. The meat began.

Favorite Dish: A taste of beef, lamb, chicken, pork, and Brazilian sausage lined my plate. Each bite was more wonderful than the first, and I was quickly filled to the top with well grilled deliciousness. I would say my favorite was the Pichana, which seemed to be close to a prime rib flavor and preparation. The meal was topped off with the side dish of fried bananas, mashed potatoes and cheese bread which were delicious but may have taken away a little room for the meat in my opinion.

For beverage, we opted for the traditional Guarana, which is imported fresh from Brazil.

Overall, this was an excellent dining experience, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a truly filling meal.

Address: 1420 North Parham Road
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse
Website: http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

• Written Jun 9, 2007

“Don't Worry About Tomorrow... Its Already Happened in Australia!”

Have you been to Richmond?