Hotel Perperikon: "Perperikon - probably the best hotel in Kurdzhali!" Kurdzhali Hotel Tip by Ivo_K

Kurdzhali Hotels: 2 reviews and 6 photos

Hotel Perperikon

Hotel Perperikon
    by Ivo_K
      The front part of the hotel
      The outdoor swimming pool
      The room interior
      Inside the room
    by Ivo_K

I have been several days ago in Kurdzhali on a business trip and I stayed in this 3-star-hotel. I would like to share my opinion on it in order to help my fellow VT members. I noticed that some foreigners are staying there and I have heard that more are coming for the weekend probably in order to see the local attraction Perperikon (an ancient Thracian city and rock palace located 20-30 km away from Kurdzhali) after which the hotel is named.
This is the most recently built hotel in Kurdzhali (or Kurdjali as I would write it in English) and it's situated in the central part of the town. The hotel has 27 rooms with TVs, air-conditioners and minibars, an outdoor swimming pool, a sauna, fitness and an own guarded parking. Everything is new and you can see it, but somehow there is a strange contrast with the surrounding older and not very good-looking blocks of flats.
The staff has been quite friendly and kind, the only thing I didn't like is that they started cleaning the room at 10:30 am and this somehow pushed me to check out earlier.
The price of 85 BGN (about 43 Euro) for a single room per night is if you ask me a little bit expensive, but it includes also a breakfast on a block table (7:30-9:30 am), the free for the hotel guests parking and the use of the swimming pool, the sauna and the fitness.

Unique Qualities: According to me it has 3 outstanding characterics - a very new hotel that is located in the central part of Kurdzhali and has a very nice outdoor swimming pool...

Address: Kurdzhali, 3 Volga Str
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Opposite to the older hotel Arpezos
Phone: +35936167143
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.perperikonbg.com/

• Updated Jun 9, 2007

Comments

Ivo_K

“To live is to move and to move is to travel!”

Have you been to Kurdzhali?