Hotel Lyra (pronounced 'Lira'): "Now THIS is value for money" Mahilyow Hotel Tip by kailung

Mahilyow Hotels: 1 reviews and 0 photos

One of my crazier episodes in life was visiting Mogilev for a date with a lady I had never met before. Alas, the date didn't work out - but it was definitely worth the journey from Minsk just to stay at the hotel Lyra. It doesn't look like anything special from the outside, but can promise you that luxurious accommodation is available for a remarkably low price. My room consisted of a spacious lounge, separate bedroom and bathroom, all decked out in modern and tasteful style. The ceiling must have been 25 feet from the floor at least, and the sense of space and comfort for $60 a night was phenomenal. (And if you want to go up to $100 for a REALLY special night, I've also seen the Presidential Suite - it's utterly amazing).

Now - if I can just remember the name of that restaurant in central Mogilev which serves fantastic food, you'll be set for a really good time in a lesser-known part of Belarus...:d).

Unique Qualities: The previous notes are an adequate description, I promise!

Address: Central Mogilev - any taxi driver can find it for you
Theme: Hotel

• Written Jun 8, 2007

“Turn up and see what happens...”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Mahilyow?