Mozaic: "Rather Disappointing" Top 5 Page for this destination Ubud Restaurant Tip by SFHulaGIrl

Ubud Restaurants: 106 reviews and 199 photos

Overall, this restaurant was a tad over-hyped in my opinion. Ladies, be aware that your purse will be searched before you enter the restaurant. The menu choices are a three-course set menu (regular or vegetarian) or a seven-course chef's tasting menu. All of them cost Rp. 450,000. They can also whip up a special menu based on your likes & dislikes, but mine would have taken all day to recount. Thus, I went with the regular three-course set menu, of which there were very limited choices.

Unfortunately, I probably would not go here again, though the restaurant itself is beautiful & the staff were, for the most part, very efficient. The manager was great!

I also noted that people were not dressed up much at all, even though Mozaic is supposedly the best & most expensive restaurant in Ubud.

Favorite Dish: My appetizer was seared sea scallops served with potatoes (if I recall correctly). They were excellent. My second course was suckling pork served three ways: crispy pork roll, pork chop & sliced pork. These were served over a bed of turnips. The crispy pork roll was disgusting -- too crunchy/crispy & fatty. The pork chop & sliced pork, on the other hand, were quite tasty. I despised the turnips! Dessert consisted of passion fruit cream in a puff pastry with a honey/cardamom sauce served with coconut sorbet & mint gelee. The passion fruit cream was both too sweet & too tart for me. Actually, I'm not really a fan of cardamom, either. Rolls were interesting; they were seaweed rolls. Rice was complimentary, as well as a few amuse bouches.

My glass of Montepulciano was Rp. 120,000 & my bottle of San Pellegrino was Rp. 38,000.

Address: Jalan Raya Sanggingan; Ubud, Bali
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 0361-975768
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 2
Theme: Local

• Written Jun 8, 2007

SFHulaGIrl Visits Here Frequently!

“It's the anticipation that makes the pleasure.”

Have you been to Ubud?