VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Cendana Resort & Spa: "Cendana Resort & Spa" Top 5 Page for this destination Ubud Shopping Tip by SFHulaGIrl

Ubud Shopping: 33 reviews and 56 photos

I went to four spas while in Bali. Of the four, Cendana was the most expensive. The spa is connected to the hotel, which is next to & associated with Lamak Restaurant. To reach the spa, you must go WAAAY back behind Lamak & the hotel.

What to buy: I opted for their five-hour package, which went for Rp. 572,000 (approximately US$65) & included a traditional Balinese massage, body scrub, soak in a flower petal bath, soak in a jacuzzi, facial, manicure, pedicure & hair cream bath. The massage, body scrub, soak in the flower petal bath & soak in a jacuzzi were all good. I slightly preferred the flower petal bath here at Cendana to the one at Eve Spa. They even served ginger tea to me while I sat in the jacuzzi. Another plus (to me) was the sound of the ducks in the rice paddies while I relaxed. Five people worked on me at the same time for my manicure, pedicure & facial. It was relaxing enough that I completely fell asleep. I found the hair cream bath a tad strange, though I was also served more tea & fruit during this. When she attempted to blow dry & "style" my hair afterwards, it was a complete disaster! I was embarrassed to walk out on the street, & immediately tried to re-style my hair in the restaurant bathroom! The manicure & pedicure were also terrible. The polish was half chipped off of my fingers & toes within two days. I do NOT recommend the mani/pedi or the hair cream bath at Cendana.

What to pay: The Rp. 572,000 did NOT include an additional 10% tax (Rp. 57,200) or the additional 4% service (Rp. 62,920), which brought my grand total to Rp. 692,120, or more like US$78.

Address: Monkey Forest Road; Ubud, Bali
Phone: 62-361-973243
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.cendanaresort.com

• Updated Jun 8, 2007

Comments

SFHulaGIrl Visits Here Frequently!

SFHulaGIrl

“It's the anticipation that makes the pleasure.”

Have you been to Ubud?