"Internet or travel agent?" Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Transportation Tip by TheWanderingCamel

Argentina Transportation: 99 reviews and 83 photos

I thought you said you'd spoken to the agent!
by TheWanderingCamel

With all the information and advice you could wish for at your fingertips, surfing the net for travel bargains and booking online has become part and parcel of modern travel. There are some great deals to be found and generally it works. but not always. There are no domestic fare deals available for non- residents in Argentina, and given the level of disorganization and misinformation you are likely to encounter on your travels there, you may well decide to book through a travel agent. We did - and were very glad of their contact and help given the confusion that could have arisen over Aerolineas Argentinas' seemingly permanent state of chaos.

I'd picked up on BwanaBrown's recommendation of Ripio Turismo on his Mendoza page. A quick email to Glenn came back with a sound endorsement, so I contacted them. I emailed them directly with a skeleton plan of what we wanted to do . Not only were they prompt in answering and extremely helpful, our travel agent here at home couldn't match their prices so he advised us to go with them and we went on from there to fine tune our itinerary, select hotels, etc. Using our own agent as a middleman gave us the insurance of our payments being made to a local company.

We were more than happy with their service, their flexibility and their attention to detail. We'd certainly use them again.

Mode: AROUND
Type: Airplane

• Updated Dec 13, 2007

Comments

Have you been to Argentina?