"Observation Tower" Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Off The Beaten Path Tip by deecat
Galena Off The Beaten Path: 9 reviews and 16 photos
A disappointment for us on this trip is not being able to climb the Observation Tower off Highway 20 near our Time Share. We had read that the most spectacular views of the landscape and countryside was from atop this tower.
So, on a bright Thursday morning, we drove the three miles down Highway 20 from our Time Share, and eagerly awaited the climb. I took photos from every angle of the outside of the structure. When we arrived up close, there was a sign indicating that it was closed to the public because of repairs. Also, it was blockaded so that it was virtually impossible to climb.
1. The Observation Tower taken from the top up.
2. The countryside scene from nearby taken from ground level.
3. The unfortunate CLOSED sign.
4. The Great River Road Map.
More Off The Beaten Path in Galena (2)
More Reviews (36)
- See All Excellent Gift and Gourmet Coffee Shop
- See All Overview of a Wonderful Weekend in...
- Ladies Getaway in Galena
- See All Wine Tasting in Galena
- See All Ladies Weekend at the Desoto Hotel
deecat's Related Pages
Have you been to Galena?Share Your Travels