"Part II: More Shopping and Eating" Top 5 Page for this destination Japantown Tip by atufft
Japantown, San Francisco: 25 reviews and 50 photos
Anchor businesses in Japan Town are mostly Japanese-American companies that manage the center and the adjacent hotels. The annual Cherry Blossom festival is an important cultural event in this one of three remaining Japanese neighborhoods in the USA (the others are in San Jose and Los Angeles). Parking is generally pretty easy, and the indoor mall environment one of the largest in the city. There are several memorial statues and fountains outside on the Webster Street center, and inside are quaint Japanese style staircases and pavilions. Bridges of the mall span two city streets. This is a good place to shop for things Japanese in character-- furniture, house decore, art, ornamental plants, cooking supplies, and so on. There are a large number of Japanese restaurants and tea cafes.
Address: Post and Buchanan, San Francisco, CA 94115
Directions: Just north of Geary and south of Sutter, between Laguna and Fillmore.
Phone: (415) 567-4573
More Things to Do in San Francisco (65)
More Reviews (166)
- See All Twin Peaks and Other Fabulous Views
- See All Steepest Streets in San Francisco
- See All Hip Mission District Along Valencia...
- See All President Garfield Statue
- See All Dashiell Hammett Place
- See All Best Russian Bakery In The United States
- See All 2013 America's Cup
- See All Gay Pride Parade
- See All Classic San Francisco atop Nob Hill
- See All Don't Forget Your iPhone & iPad
- See All Yerba Buena Center For The Arts
- See All Civic Centric San Francisco
atufft's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels