"Part 2: Views and Camera Obscura" Top 5 Page for this destination Cliff House Tip by atufft
Cliff House, San Francisco: 20 reviews and 52 photos
The Cliff House is as it's name states on a cliff that overlooks Ocean Beach, Point Lobos and ruins of Sutro Baths, and Seal Rocks. Besides these photos, there are a couple of good non-authorized websites with more images and information about Cliff House. The Giant Camera, or Camera Obscura, may be closed for you as it was for us. Before 2001, the National Park Service had planned to either demolish or move the camera, but local protest resulted in putting the only camera obscura in America on the National Register of Historic Places insted. Don't skip the opportunity to go inside should it be open for you.
Address: 1090 Point Lobos
Directions: Follow Geary to Ocean Beach.
More Things to Do in San Francisco (65)
More Reviews (166)
- See All Twin Peaks and Other Fabulous Views
- See All Steepest Streets in San Francisco
- See All Hip Mission District Along Valencia...
- See All President Garfield Statue
- See All Dashiell Hammett Place
- See All Best Russian Bakery In The United States
- See All 2013 America's Cup
- See All Gay Pride Parade
- See All Classic San Francisco atop Nob Hill
- See All Don't Forget Your iPhone & iPad
- See All Yerba Buena Center For The Arts
- See All Civic Centric San Francisco
atufft's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels