Nirvana: "Castro District Asian Flair" Top 5 Page for this destination Nirvana - CLOSED Tip by atufft
Nirvana - CLOSED, San Francisco: 2 reviews and 2 photos
At first blush, Nirvana is clearly simply another Thai style Asian restaurant, but the choice of rice, wheat, or egg noodles for most dishes creates variety. Lou and I shared an appetizer dish that had an eclectic mix of toasted bread sticks with garlic, fried tofu, and other samplers. The chef here knows how to saute and spice food well, and the servings are ample considering the moderate price for city food. There's a full bar, a great selection of beers and a decent wine list. Link below offers the oppinions of locals who like the place.
Latest Update: Nirvana is CLOSED! New Owners have replaced it with The Dancing Pig restaurant.
Address: 544 Castro St.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: West side of Castro Street
Phone: (415) 861-2226
More Restaurants in San Francisco (25)
More Reviews (206)
- See All Statues Of Fort Mason
- See All Twin Peaks and Other Fabulous Views
- See All Steepest Streets in San Francisco
- See All Hip Mission District Along Valencia...
- See All President Garfield Statue
- See All Dashiell Hammett Place
- See All 2013 America's Cup
- See All Gay Pride Parade
- See All Classic San Francisco atop Nob Hill
- See All Don't Forget Your iPhone & iPad
- See All Yerba Buena Center For The Arts
- See All Civic Centric San Francisco
atufft's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels