"Be attentive - and think twice!" Pickpockets Tip by obumex

Pickpockets, Brussels: 43 reviews and 16 photos

Hey, I can say all the warnings in the above comments are right. Yesterday my bag was stolen in Brussels Central while taking a picture in a photo cabin. Now I was very lucky as nor my wallet nor my mobile were inside the bag. Event though it still was a bad thing: my favourite bag, my keys, a sweater, a jacket and my favourite scarf. Anyhow, I gave an item description at lost & found in brussels central and afterwards I went looking around in the neighbourhoud of the station. Because I guess if they don't find money they throw away the rest. And I found my bag in the park @ 'Kunstberg'. The bag, the keys, and a bit further the sweater also but apparently they took my jacket and the scarf :-( Don't understand it. Or maybe those are somewhere else lost in Brussels now. Anyhow it was a lesson again for me to be attentive and it could have ended much worse. So certainly check out as much places as you can after the stole something!

By the way, I went to Brussels Midi to the 'lost & found' and the guy working there was absolutely horrible!!! The wrong guy at the wrong place! Very unfriendly, telling me he couldn't do anything and that I didn't have to hope to find something back! Almost didn't give me a paper to make an item description... Unbelievable...

Address: Brussels

• Updated Jun 4, 2007

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Brussels?