"South By Southwest Interntl Music Festival (SXSW)" Seasonal Events Tip by msbrandysue

Seasonal Events, Austin: 13 reviews and 29 photos

People Everywhere!

People Everywhere!
    by msbrandysue
      Stubb's (Popular Venue for SXSW)
      Drink It Up on 6th St.
      6th St..
    by msbrandysue

If you are a live music fan you must visit Austin in March during the South by Southwest Festival. If you want in the clubs, venues, etc you will have to pre-order a badge which cost about $500. If you are like me you're saying something along of the lines of "WHAT?!?" I could not believe there was a place in the world that would charge people $500 for basically a concert ticket. Well, I'm sorry my friend, it's true. However, that badge gets you into over 20 bars/clubs/venues for the entire week. Therefore, it's your call.

I know that there are also wristbands that can get you into venues. These sell for anywhere from $100-300. I never quite found out how to get one. When I arrived in Austin they were giving them out on the radio. I heard you could get one from someone on the street but we were never approached. I know that a person with a badge can get them for you but I didn't know anyone with a badge. I searched the website high and low for information and couldn't find anything. I sent emails from their contact me page but nothing. My recommendation is: if you have the money, get the badge. If you don't then just go and enjoy. Sometimes the clubs will let anyone in if there aren't enough people. Just being on 6th St. during the festival is fun enough. You can hear the bands, drink, and enjoy the festival without paying that price. Many of the restaurants are open to the public even though they have venues in the back where you must have a badge. Therefore, you can still enjoy without feeling left out.

Address: 6th St.
Directions: Downtown Austin
Website: http://www.sxsw.com

• Updated Jun 26, 2007

Comments

msbrandysue Visits Here Frequently!

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Have you been to Austin?