"Happy Isles Nature Center" Top 5 Page for this destination Happy Isles Tip by atufft
Happy Isles, Yosemite National Park: 3 reviews and 12 photos
At Happy Isles is a Nature Center that includes a variety of excellent exhibits for young and old alike. For example, there is a audio exhibit that matches the foot prints of various animals to the sounds they make in nature. Also, there are stuffed bears, cougars, and other wildlife to show children what the animals look like, even if they don't get a chance to see them in nature. Nearby is the walk through the Fern Grove. Interestingly, the Happy Isles Nature Center, which is rarely overly full of tourists, was the sight of an extraordinary landslide in July of 1996. When the slide occurred, a blast of wind knocked down some 1000 trees, damaging part of the nature center itself, and killing one hiker. See the link below for a geological description of exactly what happened in this remarkable natural event.
More Things to Do in Yosemite National Park (34)
More Reviews (28)
- See All Photographers Stumble Over Each Other
- See All Controlled Burning Program
- See All Great Collection of Photographic Prints
- See All Motel 6 for Twice the Price
- See All Residential Housing in Yosemite Valley
- Rock Climbing Opportunities
- See All Lodge Dining Under the Falls
- See All Don't Walk Through The Meadows...
- Bears in Yosemite
- See All Rock Slides on Hwy 140, El Portal...
- Potable water filter and mosquito...
Been to Yosemite National Park?Share your travels with the world!
atufft's Related Pages
Have you been to Yosemite National Park?Share Your Travels