"The Eurodisney tourist – a real danger !" Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Trekki

Venice Warnings and Dangers: 275 reviews and 307 photos

Woosh - and off you are in the canale
by Trekki

As I use this term quite often in my writings about Venezia, I will explain it here. Remember the statistics of Venezia’s tourism. Nearly 80% of us are day visitors, coming in the morning and leaving in the evening and don’t come back. When I was wandering through Venezia, looking here and there and also taking the vaporettos, I did see so many of very strange behaving foreigners, so I decided to call them Eurodisney visitors. So who are they ? They are tourists who believe that Venezia is a museum. A gigantic museum on water, made to please their eyes. What they neglect is that this city has been erected ages before even anyone thought of their existence and was not at all built to be seen as a tourist trap or a museum city. Venezia just was lucky that it was not much bombed during the world wars (that’s what I read) and that the Venezianos love their home city very much, thus take care that it won’t be destroyed by the ravages of time, and by us tourists.
Eurodisney visitors will block almost everything, as (as described above), they cannot believe that other people actually have to go from A to B and not marvel at Eurodisney Venezia like themselves. Several times I also did observe that they must have fall from the sky onto the vaporettos, as they seem not to realise that – once a vaporetto approaches a yellow vaporetto stop (= like one where they themselves sould have boarded the vaporetto), it will stop there, let passengers get off and on the boat. They were hanging over the rail (= the one, the assistant would have to open to let others get off and on), and looked at this poor assistant as if he would be an alien. I am sure, they never got the point why he wanted them move away from the rail……

Yes, I am fully aware that I am very very much sarcastic here. I had to get it off my chest and maybe it helps the non-VTers which come from Google’s search engines, to realise that they should watch their behaviour towards the others when visiting what they believe is Eurodisney museum city Venezia.

Review Helpfulness: 5 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jun 29, 2007

Comments

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Venice?