"Safety and security in Venezia ? excellent !" Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Trekki
Venice Warnings and Dangers: 275 reviews and 319 photos
So many questions are being asked "Is Venice safe".
The answer is always simple: it is as safe as at home - the usual precautions provided.
My own experience with safety and security in Venice in May 2007 were excellent: I never perceived Venezia as dangerous, not even at night. I felt extremely safe, wherever and whenever I was walking around in the city. Even at night, where I would be more aware of pickpockets anywhere else, but not here. No matter at which time, as a single middle aged female traveller I did not felt at any risk. Ok, I don't wear jewellry except my cheap watch and I can't wear miniskirts and don't have a handbag but a shoulder bag.
Just use common sense, like anywhere on the world.
As a happy reader of Donna Leon's books about Commissario Brunetti I often thought about Venice's real police. I am sure that we all have to be thankful to them, who try and keep the city ?clean? from criminals. With this high amount of visitors per day Venezia just cannot risk to be in the headlines.
Nevertheless, I have written some ?warnings?; most of which are meant as ?be aware? about things which have to do with Venezia?s position in the middle of water. Some are also meant as warnings but not for us but for the city we admire so much.
© Ingrid D., July 2007 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.). Update June 2015: wording.
More Warnings and Dangers in Venice (8)
More Reviews (110)
- See All Symbols of the city's naval power
- See All Accessible Venice
- See All Brunetti family?s home (book and TV...
- Guess what ....the most popular sport is...
- See All Water ways are illuminated at night
- See All Farmers? markets everywhere
- You will only need your essentials
- See All The biggest tourist trap in Venezia?...
- Take a vaporetto along Canal Grande ...
- See All Good and reasonable food options at...
- See All Appartment Margharita ? on my own in...
Been to Venice?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels