Conch Republic: "Conch Republic Seafood-Good Food - Great Location" Conch Republic Tip by FatesWarn

Conch Republic, Key West: 11 reviews and 7 photos

The Conch Republic is located on the docks, so many tables have great views of the water. They offer a nice selection of mixed drinks that aren't the over-sugary garbage that you are likely to be served on Duval Street. The service is fast and the portions are perfect. I found that the food was average, but the prices were reasonable for a seafood restaurant.
My dining companion had an order of conch fritters, which were very good with the key lime mustard sauce, as well as the grilled dolphin fish, which was seasoned with jerk spices and served with rice and greens. I had the grouper that was topped with a tropical fruit habenero chutney, also served with rice and greens. For dessert, we ordered the Chocolate Republic Rum Cake, with a white chocolate glaze, and the Key Lime Pie topped with mango raspberry sauce.
I admit that my desire to visit this restaurant was mostly because I saw Paula Dean's sons on a road trip show, and they went to Conch Republic - they made the food sound great, so I wanted to try it. I found that although everything was very well prepared, it wasn't anything that screamed out to me as an exceptional meal. I was very happy with the portions (appropriate sizes, not American chain restaurant sizes), and the bill wasn't shocking.

Favorite Dish: Despite my opinion of the entrees, the Key Lime Pie definitely stood out. It was perfect, not overly acidic like some, and the mango raspberry sauce was delicious - I only wish there had been more of it.
My recommendation is to go to Conch Republic after a light dinner and sit down for some good drinks and delicious dessert.

Address: 631 Greene St.
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: at Schooner Wharf
Phone: 305.294.4403
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 3
Theme: Seafood

• Written May 28, 2007

FatesWarn Visits Here Frequently!

“Tasty Traveling”

Have you been to Key West?