"Petra Cafe Mediterranean Restaurant - Old Monterey" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98
Monterey Restaurants: 207 reviews and 387 photos
Petra Cafe is a quick and cheap little restaurant on Alvarado in downtown Monterey. They specialize in gyros, but have a small variety of other Mediterranean dishes such as falafel, kefta kebabs, shawarmas, and baklava. They also have a few other items like hamburgers, fish and chips, tuna salad, clam chowder. Sandwiches are around $6, sandwich combos around $8, and dinner platters about $9. The service is quick and easy, and the food decent...but not as good as some of the Mediterranean restaurants on Lighthouse in New Monterey such as Tabouli's or the International Deli. If you want a more formal dining experience with similar food, a good choice is Epsilon Greek Restaurant just around the corner on Tyler Street.
Petra also has a location on Lighthouse Ave in Pacific Grove (649-2530) which is supposed to be nicer and with a bigger menu.
Address: 435 Alvarado Street, Monterey
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: A few blocks from Fishermans Wharf
Phone: (831) 646-2080
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Monterey (82)
More Reviews (162)
- See All Visitors Center & Old French Consulate
- See All East Village Cafe (Washington St) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All El Estero Park
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels