Glen Iris Inn: "the closest restaurant to Pike" Pike Restaurant Tip by davecallahan

Pike Restaurants: 1 reviews and 1 photos

dining area from the ads
by davecallahan

The difference between the casual, rural atmosphere of Pike and the elegant restaurant at the Glen Iris Inn.

The inn has a long history of fine dining for the entire Letchworth region. The clientel is mostly tourists in the area to see the park and other local attractions or those rooming at the Inn itself. I had long pants and collared shirt and the ambience made me feel underdressed but I matched the other clientel so it didn't bother me much.

We had Grilled Chicken with salsa and peppers and the Pot Roast (I'm a meat and potatoes guy) for lunch. The staff was quiet and efficient, smiley but not over-friendly. The service was quick, probably because it wasn't their busy time of day/week. I understand that Fish Fry Fridays are very popular here and imagine that the smallish dining area would be quickly filled then. The food was done just as ordered (medium-well please) and delicious. We had caramel covered custard for dessert and a cup of coffee. It was a bit expensive for lunch ($20 each) but the experience was worth it. (besides, there aren't many restaurant choices in the Pike, NY area). We would definitely do it again (and probably will when we head back this way with my brother-in-law).

There is a nice veranda/screened-porch are of the dining room that we should have eaten in but did not notice until we were leaving. It overlooked some the nice garden areas of the property.

Address: 7 Letchworth Park Road
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: take route 39 northeast from Pike to connect to Denton Corners Road. go east on that road and cross over route 19A and go into the tiny community of Genesee Falls and see the signs for Glen Iris and Letchworth Park Road
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Updated May 26, 2007

“why didn't you tell me that 10 minutes ago....”

Have you been to Pike?