"The mystery of Erfurt" Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Things to Do Tip by iandsmith

Erfurt Things to Do: 216 reviews and 562 photos

Whose royal foot is this?
by iandsmith

It was the last day and I was on a mission to cover some of what I had missed. Thus I found myself on Anger, a shopping street of more than passing interest.
Somewhere along this boulevarde, number 51 to be precise, there is a shop. Above the doorway lies an emblem such as you see in the photograph. As to its meaning there is no answer as yet.
I contacted the tourist information on the way out but they didn't know and, unfortunately, the shop itself was shut while I was there.
Whose foot was it and why was the arrow there? I'm sure we've all heard of shooting yourself in the foot, could it be that saying that's behind this mystery?
The following year I actually went in the shop and asked someone. Via a translator they said it was the emblem of the shoe company and it was like cupid firing the arrow through the heart only here it referred to shoes.
Inside the shoe shop they have a huge range and, amazingly, a wooden slide to keep the kids amused while mum is trying on shoes! Those Germans take care of everything don't they.

Address: Anger 51

• Updated Mar 11, 2008

Comments

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Erfurt?