Ooze Risotto Bar: "Ooze Risotto Bar, on Goodge Street" Top 5 Page for this destination Barrica Tapas Bar Tip by sue_stone

Barrica Tapas Bar, London: 3 reviews and 6 photos

Meatball risotto
      bruschetta
      Pancetta Risotto
    by sue_stone

I had read in the press about a new Risotto restaurant called Ooze that had opened in London. It sounded intriguing but I wasn't convinced. Then when I read idoru's review below I was sold and immediately booked a table.

Ooze is located on Goodge Street, a short walk from Tottenham Court Road. It is a small space, with a modern, funky feel to it. I loved the white décor and friendly staff. We dined there with friends at 7pm on a Monday night and the place was packed! There was an excellent buzzy atmosphere, though the lack of soft furnishing made it a tad noisy.

There was a short, reasonably priced wine list and we enjoyed a cold, crisp bottle of Italian white with our meal.

Favorite Dish: We started with some Mixed bruschetta, Fresh baked bread with pesto, and the Salumi misti. All of the starters were delicious. I was particularly impressed with the quality of the meats in the Salumi misti, just like being back in Italy.

For main course we all had to try the Risotto (though the Super salads did look pretty super!). The boys had the Meatballs risotto with spicy tomato sauce, and the girls had the Butternut squash risotto with hazelnut & sage, and the Pancetta risotto with broad beans and rosemary. They were all very good and our plates were cleaned.

For once I was too full for dessert....disappointing, as I had noticed a tempting sounding Chocolate fondant on the menu. Oh well, I had to settle for a mouthful of the Apple & peach crumble that the boys ordered - not bad, but not quite as exciting as an oozy fondant.

Address: 62 Goodge Street, London W1T 4NE
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Nearest Tube: Goodge Street is a couple of minutes walk. Tottenham Court Road is also only about 5 minutes walk away.
othercontact: will@ooze.biz
Phone: 020 7436 9444
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.ooze.biz/index.html

Review Helpfulness: 5 out of 5 stars

• Written May 22, 2007

Comments

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?