"Hotel Arber" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Arber Tip by antistar

Hotel Arber, Tirana: 29 reviews and 3 photos

My stay at this hotel got off to a bad start when I missed my arranged pick-up at the airport. The owner couldn't speak English, but it was obvious from the discomfort of the English speaking receptionist who translated for him, and the look on his face, that he wasn't happy with me. I think I cost him half a nights income for my room. I heard him rant at her in Albanian, presumably about me, while casting me hard stares, and she translated it all as "it's ok, no problem".

The hotel was great though, and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and reasonably spacious for a central hotel, and the location was excellent. It was just behind the main square, around the corner from the iconic Hotel International. The other bonus for me was the free Internet, which was provided for through a wired LAN connection to my laptop.

The beds were comfy, but the night's sleep was disturbed by some strange noises from the hotel's plumbing and the proximity of the room to the lift. The breakfast was ok, and consisted of a buffet of Albanian bread and cheese, Croatian yoghurts, and German butter and honey.

The only real downside was the view, although one can't expect a lot in Tirana. My room looked out onto a back street filled with trash. The street the hotel is located on also looked like a complete mess - in fact it looked downright scary at first. But it's fine. It's safe, just like the rest of Tirana, it's just that it is undergoing major building work (some noise during the day).

Their email doesn't seem to work, like many hotels in the region, so the best way to book a room is to either call (the receptionists speak good English) or to book through an online agency: I used www.hrs.de.

Address: Bardhok Biba
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: From the main square looking at Hotel International, take a right turn and follow the road round the corner. You should see a "park" on your right. Take a left down a narrow street, Bardhok Biba. Don't expect a street sign. The hotel is along on the left.
othercontact: reservation@hotelarber.com
Phone: 04 27 38 11 / 27 38 12
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelarber.com/

• Updated Jan 28, 2008

More Hotels in Tirana (1)

“Treat hosts like your girlfriend, and never tell them how wonderful the last one was.”

Have you been to Tirana?