Erofili: "Lovely Garden- Courtyard Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Rethymno Restaurant Tip by PhilC2

Rethymno Restaurants: 52 reviews and 83 photos

We ate here several times and I would have to say that this was my favourite restaurant with regards to the setting, service and cuisine on offer.
The tables are set in a lovely garden-courtyard in which a section is covered with wooden lattices intertwined with plants and flowers. The open section has a high ancient stone wall to one side and I would say that this restaurant offers one of the most beautiful settings I have exprienced.
The staff are also very friendly, as were all the locals I had the fortune to meet, and everything was presented with a smile. The restaurant isn't as expensive as the Venetian harbour restaurants but still offers a high level cuisine, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The fish was fresh and wasn't from the frozen packs in tomato sauce, which some restaurants here offer. I would say that a visit to this place is a must. Thoroughly enjoyed it here.

Favorite Dish: I remember having a lovely steak here with mushrooms and a congac sauce, which was very reasonably priced.

Address: Old Town
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: I think with the Rimondi fountain behind you walk right down a pedestrian side street about 2 minutes until you reach a road, with the fortezza on the other side. Erofili should be in front, just the other side of the road.
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated May 21, 2007

“Always try the local food & drink”

Have you been to Rethymno?