"Chapel of Funeral Hearses" Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Things to Do Tip by thedouglas
Luang Prabang Things to Do: 458 reviews and 1,017 photos
Within the compound of Wat Xieng Thong is this lovely little building/chapel, which houses an array of royal funerary items - including a 10metre high Royal funeral carriage, smaller funeral hearses and Royal family funeral urns (including the ashes of King Sisavang Vong). There are also some display cabinets of royal puppets, which are well worth seeing. The building is decorated with rather ornate gilt panels.
More Things to Do in Luang Prabang (14)
More Reviews (32)
- See All The kids are killers to bargain with!
- See All Use What's Available
- See All Eating out at the night market
- See All Mount Phousi from the Back Entrance!
- See All Rattan Ball - a game you see everywhere!
- See All Eureka!!! A ONE day boat to Luang...
- See All Don't sit too close to the street!
- See All Buy a Bedcover from the Markets
- Wild nightlife in Luang Prabang!
- Mosquito Repellent
- Clean and central guesthouse
Been to Luang Prabang?Share your travels with the world!