Antonia's: "Best Italian on the Island" Antonia's Tip by FatesWarn

Antonia's, Key West: 3 reviews and 0 photos

Located on Duval Street, Antonia's is a cozy little fine-dining, Italian restaurant. Reservations are recommended towards the end of the week and during peak dinner times. They recently started serving lunch as well.
They offer a bread basket with dinner; the bread is just average and definitely not up to par with the rest of their menu. One of my favorite details is the cookie plate after dinner (you get this whether you order dessert or not), which has cookies that appear to be Pepperidge Farm, or some similar store-bought cookie, but it's a nice touch and they go great with coffee.
All of the pasta dishes can be ordered in a half-portion, so you can save room for dessert (or cookies).
On a previous visit, the service was impeccable, but on my most recent visit, the service was borderline deplorable. Our waiter was often nowhere to be found, and we waited long periods of time between courses (this, of course, could have been the kitchen's fault), but we were never checked on to see if we needed our drinks refreshed or if we needed anything in relation to the course we were last served.
My last visit aside, the food still provided one of the best meals I've had in Key West, and I certainly intend to go back.

Favorite Dish: The Gnocchi del Giorno with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce is possibly my favorite dish on the whole island. The sauce is perfectly creamy and has just the right bite of a blue cheese; the gnocchi is homemade and very fresh. The half-portion is very small, but it is filling. Save some bread to mop up the rest of your sauce.

Address: 615 Duval Street
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 305.294.6565
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Updated May 19, 2007

FatesWarn Visits Here Frequently!

“Tasty Traveling”

Have you been to Key West?