"A bird's eye view over Milos" Top 5 Page for this destination Milos Island Things to Do Tip by sim1

Milos Island Things to Do: 91 reviews and 247 photos

Ready for landing at Milos

Ready for landing at Milos
    by sim1
      A bird's eye view over Milos
      The coastline near Athens
    by sim1

The first stop during our trip is a visit to the island of Milos. A major factor in our decision was that this island is relatively easy and quick to reach. You can either take the ferry from and to Athens which takes approximately 4-5 hours by speed ferry. Alternatively you can take a short flight, with will cut down your travelling time considerably (in theory anyway) and is surprisingly a cheap way to travel as well!

The flight from Athens to Milos takes approximately 45 minutes. An absolute plus to this way of travelling are the nice views from the sky. The coastline of Athens and the bird?s eye view over Milos upon arrival are memorable. The combination of arriving by plane and seeing the island from the sky, together with seeing the beautiful coastline from the boat upon departure was an unexpected bonus to our trip.

Now, don't let me fool you, not all was perfect by taking the plane to Milos! Hahaha, not even close to being perfect! I almost forgot the horror hours when the announcement was made that our flight was cancelled, leading to almost a days delay in our trip. Not the most cheerful part of our trip, that's why I probably try to ban that moment out of my mind every time I think of it. But more about that later in the transportation tips, for now, and like I did at the time, lets forget about it, and instead enjoy our trip to Milos!!

Milos is a lovely island located in the south western corner of the Cyclades. Its neighbour is the little island of Kimolos, but also Sifnos, which is our next destination, is relatively close by. In total the island is 161 km2 in size, small enough to make it cosy and easy to discover all corners of the island, big enough to have plenty to see and do.

• Updated Nov 17, 2007

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Milos Island?