"Rostral Columns" Top 5 Page for this destination Monuments Tip by sennaya
Monuments, Saint Petersburg: 95 reviews and 191 photos
The two Rostral columns to honor naval victories stand on Vasilevsky Island prominently in front of the customs house built in the early 1800s.
You can walk there from the Palace Bridge between the Hermitage and the Admiralty. You get a beautiful view of the Neva and the city. The new Neva fountains are very close and many wedding photographs are taken on the spit between the columns.
They are fitted with natural gas burners and are lit for holidays such as the May 9 Victory Day.
Address: Vasilevsky ostrov
Directions: From the hermitage walk accross the Palace Bridge
More Things to Do in Saint Petersburg (84)
More Reviews (259)
- See All Admiralty park with swing set
- See All Night boat Dancing
- See All Hire a car with or without driver
- See All Northway gift shop means No way
- See All Bed and Breakfast hotel
- See All Tripods
- See All Safety in the big city
- See All Don't miss the fresh fish pie
- See All Visit the English Communication Club
- See All New electric Samovars
- See All Money: bank cards or cash?
- See All Finding a fitness Club
sennaya's Related Pages
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels