Cucumber fish from market and restaurant: "Koryushka- Cucumber Fish in May" Top 5 Page for this destination Russian Cuisine Tip by sennaya
Russian Cuisine, Saint Petersburg: 137 reviews and 147 photos
If you are in St. Petersburg in May you may find a strange smell of cucumbers in the air. Not from Vegetables, but from the Korioshka fish that run from the Finland gulf up the Neva River.
They are about 6 inches or 15cm at maximum and are caught by the netfull for market and restaurant.
Favorite Dish: Koryushka is usually floured and fried in sunflower oil minus the head.
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Look for koryushka (hypomesus olidus) in rivers and canals, then they will be in the restaurant or market. You can see their bubbles on one side of teh canal as tehy migrate upstream.
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Saint Petersburg (53)
More Reviews (290)
- See All Admiralty park with swing set
- See All Night boat Dancing
- See All Novodevichy Monastery
- See All Hire a car with or without driver
- See All Northway gift shop means No way
- See All Bed and Breakfast hotel
- See All Tripods
- See All Safety in the big city
- See All Visit the English Communication Club
- See All New electric Samovars
- See All Money: bank cards or cash?
- See All Finding a fitness Club
sennaya's Related Pages
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels