Hean Castle Pub/restaurant: "Avoid at all costs" Saundersfoot Restaurant Tip by doofus

Saundersfoot Restaurants: 2 reviews and 1 photos

My wife and I were quite tired so went to the nearest place to eat where we were staying. Sadly for us it was the Hean Castle. The food was disgusting at best. I ordered a Tahi red curry which had no resemblance to a Thai curry as displayed on their menu. It was awful and came with a side sald which was disgusting as well. My wife oredered the 'chicken breast'. This was even worse and was just a small pice of chicken breast and wing that had obviously been reheated in hot oil and served as it was completely dry and crinkled. The same for the chips-- they were definitely refried. The 'peas' were cold and hard out of a tin. Small side sald awful. The service was cold and unwelcoming and I was not surprised no-one came to ask if our meal was alright. I oredered a pint of Bass Bitter which was just going off as well. The place was also quite dirty. They obviously rely on unsuspecting holidaymakers as no 'locals' went in the place I later found out. Cards are not accepted and you are asked to use a 'link' machine to get cash to pay BEFORE they serve the meal. Of course, a charge is levied by the link cash machine. I really wanted to kick up a fuss and demand our money back but my wife was so tired and upset that she just wanted us to get up and leave and put it down to experience. I really hope no-one else has the same bad experience that we had.

Favorite Dish: A truly disgusting place.

Address: Saundersfoot
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 1

• Written May 16, 2007

Comments

doofus

“If you cannot change it-- then why worry?”

Have you been to Saundersfoot?