"Tip for Indians Checking in" Resorte Marinha Dourada Tip by aishie

Resorte Marinha Dourada, Goa: 692 reviews and 7 photos

This is for all the Indians who visit the place. I went for my honeymoon from April 26 to April 30 2007. The Place is nice, peaceful and calm. Perfect for a honeymoon. But alas, The treatment was not upto the mark. MAybe the staff needs to be a little better and courteous. We had called up in advance for booking the room, and I requested the manager for a favour by decorating the room a bit for a honeymoon. I wanted to give my wife a surprise by opening a room full of flowers and balloons. I gave a reminder call before heading there from Goa Airport. When I reached, no arrangement was made. Rather we were given a room where AC was not working. It was hot and humid afternoon. The room needed cleaning. Even after several calls from the room to the reception, nobody came to clean till one hour. My idea of giving my wife a nice surprise had gone for a toss. I talked to the manager and he said, that he forgot. Ultimately we were shifted to a much smaller room but with the same tarrif. I didn't want to spoil the mood of our honeymoon, so I didn't complain. But they took a lot of compromise from us.
I went there after reading the reviews posted by other visitors. But I believe that throughout Goa, they treat ferangis well. But they dont treat indians well. Even outside the hotel there is only one bike wala - Shyam who is a tough guy to negotiate. They cahrge Rs350 for bike which is costlier as compared to standard rate of Rs200 in rest of goa. This place is a little "hat ke" from the city. But a good place otherwise.

Address: Baga River Road Tambudki Goa Goa India 403 518
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 918322276780
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.madogoa.com/

• Written May 13, 2007

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.