"Duffy's Tavern - Old Monterey" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Nightlife Tip by Ewingjr98
Monterey Nightlife: 40 reviews and 111 photos
So I've been on a quest to find Monterey's best dive bar, and Duffy's certainly ranks near the top of that list. A real neighborhood bar, far off the beaten path, few tourist ever venture this far up the hill. The clientèle is almost purely locals from this quiet section of town and students from the nearby Defense Language Institute on the Presidio. They have a very large bar that dominates the small establishment with a good variety of beers on tap and in bottles. Overall its a pretty quiet place with a good crowd and a few TVs showing sports.
Tuesday night is Duffy's "Margaritaville on the Hill" special, Thursday is pint night, and happy hours is every weekday from 4-6.
Duffy's is also somewhat famous for its 15 varieties of burgers which are frequently named the best in town. They also offer steaks, Philly cheese steak sandwiches, and more.
Address: 282 High Street, Monterey, CA 93940
Phone: (831) 372-2565
Theme: Live Music
More Nightlife in Monterey (23)
More Reviews (221)
- See All Visitors Center & Old French Consulate
- See All Siamese Bay Thai (Webster Street) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All El Estero Park
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels