"THE UN" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Local Custom Tip by DAO
Africa Local Customs: 97 reviews and 215 photos
Just about anywhere you go in Africa, you will see UN vehicles. They perform a lot of different roles. In some countries and on borders, they act as peacekeepers. They also have several Humanitarian agencies that vary from medical care to feeding the starving to development of infrastructure like wells in villages. They always seem to be in the largest 4 wheel drive vehicles, but they need them for the many remote areas they travel to. The UN has several websites you can look at to see what activities they perform in the country you are going to visit.
More Local Customs in Africa (31)
More Reviews (395)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All Not Quite Right in Massawa, Eritrea
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All RETURN GLASS BOTTLES
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels