Picobello: "Italy In The Heart Of Downtown Davao" Davao City Restaurant Tip by katmascardo

Davao City Restaurants: 48 reviews and 57 photos

Picobello serves the best pizzas in Davao, straight from their own brick oven - cooked, the authentic Italian way. The slightly charred edges and bottom of the pizzas are only evidence of its authentic charm. There are about ten pizza choices on the menu (and I've practically memorized most of it) - Margherita (plain cheese), Napoletana (plain cheese + anchovies and more spices), Rustica Forgmaggio (four cheeses - very rich!), Quatro Staggione (artichoke hearts, olives, ham), Calzone (mozzarella, ham, olives - a favorite of many), Marinara (seafood) and more.

There's also a wide range of pasta dishes that include Risotto (mushroom and cheese), Puttanesca, Ravioli (filled with ricotta cheese), Pesto, Carbonara, Bolognaise and a couple more worth every penny you pay for.

Although other people might be content on the pizza or past alone, I HAVE to have my appetizers first (yes, for a Filipina woman, I have a big appetite). I either go for a soup or salad - or both! My favorites are Crema de Pomodori (tomato soup) and Seafood soup. I particularly don't like the Minestrone. It tastes like a hodgepodge of diced vegetables all left in a big couldron to wilt, complemented by a mishmash of seasonings that I feel are a bit "off." The two others, are, in a word, winners! Although some people may find the tomato soup a bit sour for their tastes. So if in doubt, go for the Seafood chowder.

The salads are also worth a try, but my personal favorite would have to be the Caesar Salad. It's a must every time I visit Picobello. Plain greens, Chef's Salad and a couple more are also available.

TIP: Go during Happy Pizza Hours ( 2pm - 5pm daily) to get "buy one, take one" deals on pizza! YUM!

Favorite Dish: Pizza, pasta and more! Practically everything - save for the Minestrone! Haha! But don't take my word for it. do try if you must! :)

Address: 5th flr of Gaisano South (formerly JS Gaisano)
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Gaisano South or JS Gaisano is found along Illustre street
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Updated May 11, 2007

katmascardo Lives Here!

“Pack unconventionality in your baggage and leave traditionalism at home.”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Davao City?