"Russian Currency" Top 5 Page for this destination Personal Observations Tip by sennaya
Personal Observations, Saint Petersburg: 43 reviews and 41 photos
Favorite thing: Starting in 2007 Russia introduced the 5,000 ruble note.
Now the paper money coms in 5000, 1000, 500, 100, 500 and 10 rubles.
The dolalr has fallen in value against the Ruble and the Euro for several eyars now, in fact since the Euro was introduced.
Check teh current conversion rates:
Yahoo Currency converter
5000 rubles = about $200
1000 rubles= about $39
500 rubles = about $19
100 rubles = about $4
Fondest memory: Russian coins come in 5 ruble, 1 rubles and then kopeks, 50, 10 5 and 1 kopek.
100 kopeks = 1 ruble, so the kopek is really small in value, about 1/30th of a penny.
More General in Saint Petersburg (17)
More Reviews (326)
- See All Admiralty park with swing set
- See All Night boat Dancing
- See All Novodevichy Monastery
- See All Hire a car with or without driver
- See All Northway gift shop means No way
- See All Bed and Breakfast hotel
- See All Safety in the big city
- See All Don't miss the fresh fish pie
- See All Visit the English Communication Club
- See All New electric Samovars
- See All Money: bank cards or cash?
- See All Finding a fitness Club
sennaya's Related Pages
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels