Small World Coffee~ Witherspoon Street: "Nothing Fancy but Good Coffee!" Top 5 Page for this destination Princeton Restaurant Tip by starship

Princeton Restaurants: 36 reviews and 34 photos

Small World Coffee

Small World Coffee
      Order your coffee here!
    by starship
      Students obviously like it here!
    by starship

The first place we stopped after reaching Princeton was this neat little coffee shop called Small World Coffee on a busy little side street. The coffee shop was obviously favored by locals, tourists, and students as well---I liked it immediately! Coffees and teas of all types were available at the little bar and even with a crowd, service was quick and efficient. When I ordered cafe au lait, I received a container of hot milk and one of hot coffee which made more than two full cups of the delicious liquid. My husband got a regular blend. We took our little tray to a table for two towards the back of the place, and found it almost full on this Sunday morning.

If you like a mix of people, this is the place. Students were apparently trying to stretch their food budget by making one cup of coffee last for at least an hour while they read or wrote. Other people were grabbing a late breakfast or early lunch (which the shop also offers). Tourists such as myself were there to enjoy the whole atmosphere of the place and have some excellent coffee.

Prices were NON- STARBUCKS'ISH. Yeah!!!!! My plentiful cafe au lait and my husband's Regular together were under $4.00. Food choices were also reasonably priced under $10 although moderate in size. Order food choices from a separate counter to the left side of the coffee bar.

I'd rate this as a great little hangout and a place to meet and talk with locals or students.

Favorite Dish: I thought the coffee was very good, not strong like some brands tend to be. The atmosphere was pleasant and no one rushed you to leave---you can read, write, study or spend time with friends as long as you want.

Address: 14 Witherspoon Street, Princeton
Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Coffeehouse

• Updated May 11, 2007

Comments

starship

“Any day spent traveling is a good day!”

Have you been to Princeton?