"Thefts from Sawasdee Krungthep Inn Bangkok" Sawasdee Krungthep Inn Hotel Tip by jonathancow

I was just posting to warn anyone against staying at the Sawasdee Krungthep Inn on Soi Rambutree in Bangkok as I had money and belongings stolen from my room there last week (April 2007). On reporting this to the police I was told that I was the 3rd person that day that this had happened too and thefts from the Sawasdee Krungthep Inn where presently a daily occurrence - (requests to store stuff in the safe lockers are met with refusal because apparently they are all full, but only after the hotel staff have inspected the stuff you would like to store there!)

Whilst I realise thefts from hotel rooms in the Banglamphu area are a common occurrence and hardly newsworthy i find it more concerning that they are happening so blatantly at one hotel and also that it is part of the large Sawasdee Hotel group which has hotels around Bangkok and so I assumed would be one of the more trustworthy places in the area. Lesson has now been learnt and won't be staying in the Banglamphu area again!

Address: 30 Rambuttri Road, Phanakorn, Bkk. 10200
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Banglampu
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Inn

• Written May 6, 2007

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Bangkok?