"Cheap and central" Beijing Botai Hotel Tip by WishfulSinful

Beijing Botai Hotel, Beijing: 37 reviews and 0 photos

I chose this hotel based on three criteria: cheap, central location and fairly new. As I was planning to stay three weeks I was looking for something cheap and centrally located so I could walk to many nearby locations of interest. I wasn't expecting much and that's exactly what I got. What I got is a hostel-like quality in a single room with private bathroom. The hotel was not what I would call clean but was bearable. Room was small and scruffy and the bathroom somewhat improvised. The rooms have TV (only Chinese programs), AC and long distance calls are also available. They weren't accepting international credit cards (any). Also lack of any laundry/ironing service was a problem as I did not bring enough clean clothes for a three-week stay. The staff did not speak any English so I had to cope with my poor Mandarin. I didn't dare to put the hotel restaurant to the test, instead I dined in several across the street local restaurants which were quite Ok. On the positive side the location was really central: 10-15 min walk to Wangfujing, Beihai Park, TianAnMen and a metro station. And I thought the price of $20 a night was worth a shot. So if you just need a place to sleep the night and plan to be out most of the day this could serve its purpose.

Address: No. 140 South Jiaodaokou Road , Beijing
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 86-10-64079911
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written May 5, 2007

Comments

WishfulSinful Used To Live Here!

WishfulSinful

“Travel where no man has traveled before”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Beijing?