"San Ignacio - activities" Belize Things to Do Tip by sk12345
Belize Things to Do: 272 reviews and 464 photos
Even when 6 Months pregnant we did the following tours in San Ignacio:
- Barton Creek canoeing (W/ Andy Bahadur. You go through Amish community, canoe in a cave. It took ¾ day. This road was the bumpiest)
- Cave tubing near Jaguar Paw (W/ Andy Bahadur. This was the prettiest, the best, and most relaxing. You tube on the river through 3 caves ? one had a waterfall inside -, then view beautiful jungle around you. ¾ day)
- Xunantunich Ruins (with Hugh Daly) is very close to San Ignacio, and the Guatemalan border. This is a half day tour (we did it in the AM, because of the heat), so we combined it with Cahal Pech.
- Cahal Pech Ruins (with Hugh Daly) is in San Ignacio. Half day (PM recommended)
- Tikal (with Hugo). All day. Awesome, the BEST ruins, DO NOT MISS IT. I heard shopping (e.g. Souvenirs) in Guatemala is better and cheaper than in Belize, but we found more selection, better quality, and prices (e.g. hammocks max. $50 USD) in San Ignacio (Indita Maya Store) than anywhere else in Belize & Guatemala.
- We went to the market in San Ignacio (Open every Saturday 8-2), tasted different fruits, food. It was fun.
- Andy Bahadur (www.inlandtours.com or email@example.com, Ph# 501.824.3719 or Cell# 501.601.6561. Overall the BEST guide. He is a nice latino guy in his late 20s. Speaks great English. VERY knowledgeable, funny, kind, intelligent, has Assoc. Degree in tourism. Management, he vas very attentive, waited for us on tours, took it easy (not rushed us). He does a lots of activity (canoe, cave tubing etc.) and some other tours (e.g. Caracol, Xunantinich, Mountain Pine Ridge, Tikal etc.)
- Hugh Daly (black guy in his 40s, knowledgeable, funny, very nice, kind, catering, had the biggest accent out of the guides. Addr.: 16 7th ST, San Ignacio. Belize, Central America)
- Hugo (Latino guy in his early 40s. He was the perfect tour guide to take us to TIKAL. He is Guatemalan and Belizian guide, so he was able to take us over to Guatemala and was very knowledgeable about the Tikal ruins
More Things to Do in Belize (2)
Have you been to Belize?Share Your Travels