"horrible customer service" Magic Blue Hotel Tip by morochaargentina

Magic Blue Hotel, Playa del Carmen: 555 reviews and 4 photos

We initially checked in for 2 days. We had to stay longer due to business so we booked an extra night online (cheaper) And this is where all begins! The girl at the front desk checked us out and checked us in again. We paid the rooms at front the first day, so we only have a $40 balance. She said we could pay everything together the following day, when we really check out. I had to print the online booking (which was a pain) She ALSO rang my debit card for TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY DOLLARS, JUST IN CASE?(we drink a lot, but two times the price of the room seems a little bit steap to me? the Ritz only charges you $50!) she did that before she told me. My husband was not happy about that so I had to come downstairs again and give her my credit card (she kept a BLANK credit card slip)

In the afternoon, while we were sleeping with the ?do not disturb? sign, another girl from the front desk interrupted our sleep: DIANA wanted us to PAY for the room!!!! I explained to her that it was already paid off online, that they already have a copy of the online booking AND that they have the $270 (it is still missing from my bank account) AND the blank credit card. She insisted I had to go downstairs with her and ?solve? the problem. I explained it didn?t have to do with me, I was in my pajamas and my husband was sleeping and not feeling well and that I was not going to do everything again and that ?if there is anything else missing, I?m sure we can solve it tomorrow when we check out?. She left? for 10 minutes. She came back AGAIN. She told me ?you HAVE to come downstairs and PAY your bill from yesterday? I was in my pajamas!!! I had to change and go downstairs? all for $40!!!! She treated me like I was a thief for $40!!! The WORST customer service I have EVER seen in my life!!! I let her know that she had totally ruined my day and my experience at the hotel and all she said was ?I am sorry, I had to charge you that TODAY?

Unique Qualities: We travel 75% of the year for business, we will NEVER stay here again. If you want and overprice room and be treated like a thief, this is the hotel for you. Otherwise? there are a TON of cute hotels in playa del Carmen that blow this out of the water

OH! By the way: the room??? There?s no desk or a table and there is only one chair (we both have computers and we had to go some where else, the rooms are NOT comfortable for working or anything at all)

They give you coffee, shampoo, soap and cream for the first day, they never replace it after that. There is no phone in the room, they give you a cheap cell phone with $20 which lasted just a couple of minutes to call us and you just get disconnected when it's over (they never told us that) After that you have to keep buying the $20 cards. Since there is no phone in the room, everytime you need anything you need to go and get it yourself.

Address: 10th ave, between 10th St and 12th St
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 1-866-505 91 21
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 30, 2007

Comments

morochaargentina

“Be a traveller, not a tourist”

Have you been to Playa del Carmen?