"cheap housing & transportation" Uzbekistan Favorite Tip by recon199

Uzbekistan General: 57 reviews and 75 photos

Favorite thing: I just spent 7 days in Uzbekistan, and spent the 1st 2 days @ HotelICC, which of course was nice, but a little pricey for me. I did use the VIP Airport transfer which was outstanding and fast, provided by HotelICC. I highly recomend this service, as I was cleared,had my luggage and was leaving for Hotel while the others were still processing. I located a local apartment for my remaining time, and @ 40.00 p/day, it was a beautiful place to stay. I hired a car & driver in Tashkent and for the sum of 150.00, we spent 4 days on the road to Summarkand, Bukhara and I bought his meals & rooms. I have been home for a week and miss Uzbekistan daily, wish I could live there. I had absolutely zero problems with anyone during all my travels..had my picture taken with the local police, was invited to a private home for a meal and much conversation. I ate all Uzbek meals, drank water and was never ill. I have never met, during all my travels throughout the world, a nicer,humble and more pleasant bunch of people in my lifes travels. I am returning next year and am taking my 7 yr old daughter with me to enjoy the country,people & culture.

Fondest memory: I would have to say the people and secondly the culture. The food was fantastic, and some of what I ate I had no idea what it was, but it was excellent. Perhaps it is better not to know. I miss everything about Uzbekistan, and although I enjoyed Tashkent, I enjoyed the country the most. And of course, the travels on the roads are something one will not forget. The Hotel Amelia in Bukhara was a welcome site after bouncing & swerving for 800 KM,s..and at 40.00 with a full breakfast, I was very pleased.

• Written Apr 27, 2007

“Enjoy the cultures”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Uzbekistan?