VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Tai Cheung Bakery: "Yummy Egg Tarts!" Tai Cheung Bakery Tip by monaco05

Tai Cheung Bakery, Hong Kong: 4 reviews and 4 photos

Tai Cheung Bakery
by monaco05

This egg tart shop was made famous by the patronage of Chris Patten (the last British governor of HK) - apparently he loved the egg tarts here.

I finally made it here on the last day I was in HK and bought one to try. It cost just HK$3.80 (S$0.75)! Ok, I'll admit it - I was in such a rush to try it that I totally forgot to take a picture...

but take my word for it, it was delicious! The pastry was super flaky and the custard still warm and wobbly - it totally fell apart in the paper bag that it was in. Totally wished I had found this place earlier so that I could have had more!

Another place to add to my list of "must go the next time I'm back in HK" places...

Address: 32 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Take the elevator up to the Mid-Levels. You'll see an "exit" for Lyndhurst Terrace. Tai Cheung Bakery will be situated on the right when you go down the stairs.
Phone: 2544-3475
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum
Website: http://www.taoheung.com.hk/tc/hot_promotions/tai_cheong_bakery/index.html

• Written Apr 27, 2007

Comments

Have you been to Hong Kong?