"It will take a while" Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island Tip by davesut

by davesut

Look no queues, this must have been early
    by davesut
  • It will take a while - New York City

Ellis island is a great museum with a lot of info and a real feel of being a part of a wave of immigration into the US. The building is a great with many rooms to explore, you can lose people in there easily! Especially if you have someone in the family called David Sutton!

Audio tour was not worth it here as I missed some bits out and could not find the right code number again :(

The Liberty Dance show for a few dollars was good, about 50 people per show watch a 1/2 hour 3 actor play about arriving in NY. It also meant a break when we were starting to get museumed out. (if that there is such a condition)

I did feel that I was missing out on a party being a tourist rather than a US citizen. It appears almost a right of passage for many people to check out this part of their heritage.

Address: In the Hudson River
Directions: South Ferry at Battery Park - Take the #5 train to Bowling Green or #1 to South Ferry
Phone: +1 212-363-3200
Website: http://www.nps.gov/stli/index.htm

• Written Apr 25, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I've never been to Ellis Island (it was closed and abandoned when I lived in New York) but I'd like to see it sometime because my father entered the US through Ellis Island in January 1928.

davesut

“I have nothing to declare except my geekinus”

Have you been to New York City?