"Weddings & Reception Facilities" Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Off The Beaten Path Tip by Iluv2surf2

Davao Off The Beaten Path: 14 reviews and 48 photos

Santa Ana Church
      Santa Ana Church
      After Wedding Photos In Santa Ana Church
      Josh in his barong
      Sunny Point
  • Weddings & Reception Facilities - Davao

The last two trips we made two Davao were multi-purposed. Both had to do with weddings. In 2004, it was our wedding being performed in the church with my wife's family and friends participating and attending. This was an incredible experience. Our wedding was performed at Santa Ana Church in Davao. This trip, our friends Jay and Merasol also used this church for their wedding.

As it turns out, this is the ideal choice of churches. Jay and I are non-Catholics and I have one divorce on the record. This is the only church where you can "easily" get this accomplished with the blessing of the Church. Though I am not a Catholic, and a meber of Vineyard of Columbus Vineyard of Columbusas is Evelyn now, it was important for my to fully have her parents blessing in this area.

The staff is very helpful, but the distance and time differences, coupled with their other responsibilities at the church can make it a little tricky from here, but very doable if you're persistant. If you're looking for a formal church wedding, this is the place to choose.

Wedding Reception Facilities:

My favorite is Sunny Point for several reasons. The first one is because we had our wedding reception there I know the value you get there. I recommend this place to anyone getting married in Davaio City. The entertainment the moderators provide is very good and quite entertaining and the program for the bride and groom and guests is unique and spectacular. As the food is served, the Sunny Point dancers are also very good and offer an distinct local flavor to the activities.

Last but not least is the food. The bride and groom plan their meal weeks ahead of time. The selection of menu items to choose from is extensive. Let me say that I really can't stand fish. That may shock some folks considering I'm married to a Filipina that loves fish and seafood, but it's true. Sunny Point has a breaded fish my friend John encouraged me to try, which I was reluctant to do. But I have to say that it's the best fish I've ever had ANYWHERE in the world. The quality of food at Sunny Point is among the best anywhere in Davao City.

• Updated Apr 19, 2010

“I may be wrong but I`m never in doubt.”

Have you been to Davao?