Diego de Almagro Talca: "Excellent Accomodations in Talca" Chile Hotel Tip by sirhc

Chile Hotels: 103 reviews and 130 photos

Our room at the Diego Del Almagro in Talca
      Our room at the Diego Del Almagro in Talca
    by sirhc
      View from our room in Talca
    by sirhc

The Diego De Almagro Talca was a very nice accomodation with an excellent restaurant and walking distance to shopping and parks. The staff was very polite and accomodating and the rooms were very high standard and clean. The hotels seemed to cater to a business crowd and that might be a reason that the restaurant and amenities were good. Looking around the town you could do a lot worse. It appeared to be proabably the best in the city.

Unique Qualities: The Andes are right out your window and the hotel boasts a very nice pool. English is spoken at the desk, but that is the only place. I had a humorous time asking some maids for a towel for the pool. It took about ten minutes, but I finally was taken to the laundry where I made my point. While at the pool one day a group of high school girls came by and waved and shouted at me. It was pretty funny as I am sure that they were poking good natured fun at the gringo! It was cute.

Address: 4 Norte 1011 - Talca - Chile
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Like finding a needle in a haystack. Follow the long park bordered by a road on either side until you see it. That is the best I can do. Actually, we used common sense and watched the numbering system on the streets and made our way.
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.dahoteles.com/

• Written Apr 24, 2007

“You only go around once”

Have you been to Chile?