"Pcking for Backpackers" India Packing List Tip by Angel0305

India What to Pack: 105 reviews and 43 photos

Luggage and bags: Take the smallest bag you can find. I took a 25 litre back pack and a small bag which actually managed to fit loads in - it was very deceptive. That was it - and that lasted me for 4 months travelling from India (where it was very hot) through to NewZealand (where it was winter)

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I only took 4 T-Shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of trousers, 1 jumper (thin fleece top) and 1 polypropylene long sleeved top. I didn't take any shoes apart from the pair of light weight walking shoes I was wearing. Whilst in Goa, India, I picked up a pair of flip flops for the beach for about 50p - apparently I was ripped off!!!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: If you are prone to insect bites, a month before you go take Vitamin B1 tablets and take one a day for your entire trip. I didn't, and was bitten a lot. Although these don't completely stop the bites it does repel anything that comes near you and will try everyone else around you first. Take antihistamine cream as well just in case. Also - very important Immodium - everyone I spoke to told me that before I went and I did take some - although has to be said wasn't as bad as I thought. Some kind of headache tablets - I suffer from Migraines and reallt struggled when I got one as I couldn't take my normal medication with me as it was over the counter and not prescibed - a

• Written Apr 24, 2007

Comments

Angel0305's Related Pages

Angel0305

“Life is short - Do it NOW!!!”

Ranked Member