"Great value for money" Prince Palace Hotel Tip by plbk

Prince Palace Hotel, Bangkok: 1,603 reviews and 12 photos

I stayed at the Prince Palace by myself in January and found it to be clean, comfortable with good service. I found it central to both the river area and the Silom area. The water taxi in the canal is great when going to the Paragon etc - 8 baht to MBK and took about 4 minutes. It is a grandioise hotel - very large halls and public areas which look very impressive and is used for weddings (large!) and conferences.
I stayed there again in the middle of April with my family in a two bedroom suite. Again, clean, spacious and comfortable. The internet rate for this was US$80 per night for the 4 of us- very good value for the standard of hotel.
It does get crowded on the street in the mornings with the vendors but the hotel is not far from the start of the expressway to the airport - very important in Bangkok!
It is walking distance to the river and the Grand palace etc.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to others, including those with families which are so hard to find accommodation for.

Unique Qualities: It had two pools, a few restaurants and bars and some great views (when the smog cleared a bit).

Address: 488-800 Bobae Tower
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 6626281111
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.princepalace.co.th/contact.asp

• Written Apr 24, 2007

Ranked Member

Have you been to Bangkok?