"Fandango Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Pacific Grove Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Pacific Grove Restaurants: 30 reviews and 83 photos

Is it Kinkaid or Fandango's?
by Ewingjr98
      Is it Kinkaid or Fandango's?
  • Laura - Pacific Grove
  • Fandango Restaurant - Pacific Grove

If Fandango's isn't the finest restaurant in Pacific Grove, I'd be very surprised. I don't normally hunt out the fanciest most expensive places to eat, but this was certainly one of the best places I've found since moving to Monterey. Fandango's is just one block off Lighthouse in Pacific Grove in a large old house. The restaurant opened in 1983 and was purchased by the current owners--the Bain family--in 1986. Fandango's features two main dining rooms plus five private dining rooms with charming fireplaces, murals on the walls, and comfortable stonework.

After paging through the 50-page wine list we selected a local Riesling (for a very inexpensive $18), and we ordered the tasty tapas appetizer ($9 for 5 or 6 small dishes). I moved on to a tasty tomato and onion with bleu cheese salad ($8.50) while Laura enjoyed the tender heart of palms salad ($7.50). For dinner I had the special scallops over pasta ($30) and Laura had the double lamb chops ($25). The scallops were huge and very tasty, and Laura enjoyed the lamb. For desert we each had a cafe latte which came as a shot of espresso with a small pitcher of whipped milk and a tiny cookie ($4 each). Laura and I shared a nice frozen Gran Marnier souffle ($6). The total bill was $120 before tip, but it was a great meal with an excellent waiter taking care of our needs.

Some of their meals are much more expensive, but I'm sure very tasty, such as the 26-ounce porterhouse (around $50) and the cold water lobster tail (around $75).

We had an amazing waiter with a slight French accent, the food was outstanding, and the decor classy yet comfortable. I highly recommend Fandango's to anyone.

Address: 223 17th Street, Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: 831-372-3456
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International
Website: http://www.fandangorestaurant.com/

• Updated Apr 29, 2007

Ewingjr98 Visits Here Frequently!

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Pacific Grove?