VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Les Set Portes: "Classic Catalan Fare" Les Set Portes Tip by jhoolko

Les Set Portes, Barcelona: 3 reviews and 1 photos

So I had heard a lot about Les Set Portes after four months in the city. But by the time I finally got there, I found myself coming away with a very different impression than I expected. First of all, I had the Paella. The kind where they shell everything for you so you don't have to pick at your food all day. That was convenient, but I didn't like it. Personally, I just don't like Paella. It tastes weird and salty to me, and no matter how many times I have it and no matter how good it is rumoured to be, I just find myself dissatisfied. But, that is not to say that I did not enjoy my other food. Luckily, the appetizers were stunning, and our decision to share a plate of seafood cannelloni was an excellent choice. Except there wasn't enough. If I were to go back, I would get a plate of the spinach with pine nuts and raisins to start, and then finish with my OWN plate of the cannelloni, which literally melts in your mouth, which I swear is a good thing. There will likely be a line, as many people want to get into this restaurant that has served the likes of John Wayne and Winston Churchill. Go for a light lunch, and if it's not enough, skip the Paella and go around the block to Can Paixano, the unmarked Xampagneria on c/ Reina Cristina for a bottle of Cava and some chorizo or a sandwich.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Cannelloni, Spinach with Pine Nuts and Raisins

Address: Passeig d'Isabel II, 14
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: The restaurant is located under the arches on the corner of Passeig d'Isabel II and Via Laietana.
Phone: 93 319 30 33
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.7puertas.com

• Written Apr 23, 2007

Comments

Have you been to Barcelona?