Town Bar & Grill: "Over rated !!!!" Town Bar and Grill -closed Tip by jlanza29

Town Bar and Grill -closed, Dublin: 1 reviews and 1 photos

The asked us to leave before 8:00 pm ... WHY ????
by jlanza29

This is suppose to be the hottest restaurant in all of Dublin. I found it to be overly expensive and just over rated...The service was OK, and the food was plain, and very expensive for the portions served, prices for the appetizer's run from 10 euro's to 20 euro's and the main's run from 26 euro's to 50 euro's. The wine list is long and again expensive, glasses of wine run from 9 euro's to 20 euro's mostly towards the 20 euro range. They only have 2 seatings a night and were reminded that we were to leave by 8:00 p.m. which I thought was a bit rude, what if I was ordering bottles of wine at 1000 Euro's a piece ???? would they ask me to leave if that was the case ???? On a scale of 1 to 10.....I would give this place a 4

Favorite Dish: Had rack of lamb, at 40 Euro's a plate....nice and tender, but the accompanying food was rather plain and no favoring to it. Even desert was OK, chocolate warm pie......I could have bought this at a grocery store and put it in the very good and at 15 euro's I thought it was wayyy to expensive for nothing !!!!!

Address: 21 Kildare St, Dublin 2
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: 353 1 6624724
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 1
Theme: Italian

• Written Apr 16, 2007

“Not all those who Wander are Lost”

Have you been to Dublin?