"Jericho Beach" Jericho Beach & Spanish Banks Tip by ChadSteve1975

by ChadSteve1975

It's no resort beach... but who cares. Its a beach
    by ChadSteve1975
  • Jericho Beach - Vancouver

Jericho Beach is a nice area of sand overlooking the bay and towards Vancouver.

Here you are close to the University of British Columbia and a fair distance away from town. And well I felt the distance did give me a sense of separation from everyday life, so I guess the visit here was a success.

The beach itself is the standard gray sand of Vancouver but thats not too big a concern. And the water I can only assume to be cold. I for one wouldn't go swimming. Then you also need to get used to the view issue. The view to the container ships is off putting. But alas it is what Vancouver has to offer. Next to the beach is a quaint nature reserve which one can walk around. Many of the locals here walk their dogs around the park. No dogs are allowed on the beach.

The beach has its own kiosk where you can get hot dogs, fish and chips, and hamburgers. I personally went for the small chips at $2.75 which was fair value. I took a seat and fed the seagulls and other birds.

Note I visited here in April. The weather has only just started to get warmer. I have no doubt during the height of summer this is a happening place of people sunning themselves, and families.

Address: The northern shore of Point Grey, Vancouver

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Updated Apr 14, 2007

Comments

ChadSteve1975 Used To Live Here!

ChadSteve1975

“Finding my happy place.”

Have you been to Vancouver?