"Whitley Bay's Best B&B" The Chedburgh Hotel Tip by UrbanExplora

The Chedburgh Hotel, Whitley Bay: 113 reviews and 1 photos

The Chedburgh Whitley Bay
by UrbanExplora

I found the Chedburgh Hotel Whitley Bay on the Internet because I thought that it stood out amongst the others available. I'm often a little disappointed when I arrive at a B&B because the glossy brouchures and websites often "glam" things up, however when I arrived at the Chedburgh, everything was as seen or better, than what is shown on their website ( www.chedburgh-hotel.co.uk ).

I've said alot in the section below about this B&B. But in terms of rating this B&B, I can honestly say its the best and I'm not the only one. Whilst I was staying at the Chedburgh, I over head others guests saying to Liz and Scott, what an absolutely fantastic B&B it is. So don't just take my word for it.

I like many others use to only write reviews when I had reason for complaint, but my stay at the Chedburgh, inspired me to write something positive. I didn't have any complaints so I knew that this review was going to be a turning point for me. The Chedburgh is a little Gem worth sharing!!

Unique Qualities: Despite being an old victorian building, the Chedburgh has an excellent mix of original features and modern design. The owners certainly take extreme pride in their business and this is reflected through everything. The hotel ( well Scott & Liz the owners say that it is really a B&B) has a great position, just about 5 minutes from the metro train and a couple of minutes walk to the beach or main shopping centre. The hotel faces a church and it is surpisely quiet considering it is only a couple of minutes walk from the vibrant nightlife that Whitley Bay is well known for.
The rooms are really tastefully decorated, modern neutral tones with co-ordinated bedding & furniture. Flat Screen Tv's, DVD players, multi channel Sky Sports & News channels, complimentary shower gel and soap and a well presented beverage tray are just some of the benefits of the rooms. The rooms are warm & cosy and you really feel that you are at home, little touches such as tissues in the room , sweets at reception and lovely fresh lillies just make it that bit more special.
Liz & Scott are very good hosts. You can tell that they have both come from a hotel back ground as they are professional right from your first enquiry to your departure. There is however very little formality, the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming.
The dinning room is well presented with modern furniture and a large flat screen TV. There's a choice of cereal, but I recommend you leave room for a Full English Breakfast. This was well presented, fresh and very tasty. My only complaint is they don't serve grilled tomatoes, but that's nothing major.
Through and through taking into consideration all aspects of my stay, I put hand on my heart and have voted this the best B&B that I have stayed in throughout the UK.
I would highly recommend this to anyone thinking of staying in Whitley Bay. I have stayed at others in the area, but this is really far apart from them. The English Tourist Board rate it 3 Stars, I rate it 5 Stars

Address: 12 Esplanade, , Whitley Bay NE26 2AH
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Close to the Beach and local shopping centre
Phone: 0191 2530415
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.chedburgh-hotel.co.uk

• Written Apr 14, 2007

Comments

UrbanExplora

“Explore Explore Explore”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Whitley Bay?